It’s the end of the month, time to recap another great food swap experience!
I was so pleased to be able to connect with two bloggers and fellow Ontarians I’ve admired for months: Jess from Cupcakes and Kale sent a package to me and MeShell from MeShell In Your City received my package. Cupcakes and Kale has a large collection of creative recipes to peruse –check out the chocolate kale chips or the high protein cauliflower alfredo pasta!
Jess sent me a very thoughtful food swap package. As I went through the box, I kept thinking I had seen everything then would find one more delightful treat under the tissues! Thank you, Jess, very much!
- The Tea Room dark chocolate– I have never tried a chocolate bar infused with yerba mate tea before and I really liked it. And if you need more reason to eat this bar, think of all the antioxidants in dark chocolate plus tea!
- Garlic roasted Ontario peanuts — These were delicious!
- 2 Oskri sesame bars– You’ll have to take my son’s word that these were good. He got to them before I did.
- Nana’s sweet popcorn– I usually don’t indulge in something this sugary, but it was worth it for this treat.
- Johnston’s Cranberry Apple Herbal Tea — My kids and I loved enjoying this one together. This tea and the popcorn are local to Jess and not something I can find near me, and I liked getting to try new things.
- Homemade chocolate Brownie Bites with goji berries–Oh my, so good! They were soft, chewy and fudgy! These were my favourite gift in the swap this month and they were devoured first. I make similar treats that I call cookie dough balls (click here for recipe).
- Panda Blueberry licorice–This is the only brand of licorice I care for and I love blueberry the best!
Thanks again, Jess!
Want fun treats in the snail mail too? Sign up for the next food swap! MeShell is the organizer of the Canadian chapter of the Vegan Food Swap and our fearless leader does a super job; check out her blog here. To sign up for the next month, go to http://meshell.ca/blog/veganfoodswap/.